Who are our ambassadors?
Pierre is passionate about video and what it is capable of transmitting. It was during a trip to Australia, 5 years ago, that he discovered an interest in photography and video. If he was not predestined to this path (in the middle of his studies of economics-management), he nevertheless continued to train and to dig this universe of the audiovisual which attracted him so much . It was during this period that he met Maxime. After his studies, Pierre embarked on his own and full-time in audiovisual creation. Since then, he has worked with companies, brands, and for himself.
Maxim is as passionate and fervent with emotions as Pierre. If they met during their master's degree and have never ceased to evolve very far from each other, Maxime today exercises two facets of the profession. He creates videos and content for brands and companies, and he trains video enthusiasts and beginners through his YouTube channel. He shares tutorials, product tests, advice... and gives a little of his time, when he has the opportunity, to train and support the luckiest.
Everyone today lives from their passion, carries out projects for brands and companies, manages their box… But they also sometimes find themselves on projects together, working for the same brands, and intersecting their visions.
“There was a somewhat magical moment [...] capturing the images like that, living them too, that does something.”
We asked them to tell us about their trip to Madeira, the landscapes and their raincoats
What do you like about your job, about the video?
- (Pierre) What I liked when I started, in any case the vision I had of it, is that video is an incredible vector for tell stories et convey emotions. It's a bit always the leitmotif that I had in my video creations, in any case, personal. Afterwards, it's true that when you work for brands or companies, you also adapt to their challenges and their needs. But as soon as I had to create videos that were a little more personal, I always had this desire: that they have one direction, that they inspire people and convey a message that is positive and inspiring.
- (Maxim) We both grew up a bit together with video, so we kind of have the same motivations. So me it's like Pierre, it's not badly turned around emotion, the term on which I agree the most is " tell a story ". The goal is really to show something to people and that they don't really realize that they are watching a video, that they finish it and think that the images are magnificent... It's really this aspect of trying to tell something in a short time and trying to convey emotions, desires to do the same thing… That's what is nice as a challenge.
Who had the idea to go to Madeira?
- (Maxim) The project in Madeira was also the project with a big brand of drones called DJI and with whom I had a partnership to organize a video on a drone. I wanted to go somewhere nice, accessible, and where in a few days you could go around easily. The priority was to be able to take magnificent drone images, and in this video I knew that we would have a lot of rush to do on the ground too, that it was going to be fun and that we were going to be able to create other content only by drone. That's why I talked to Pierre about it, he has a touch that I appreciate. We both sat down and started thinking about who we could go to, what style of video we could do and for what brand.
You already knew Flotte or was it while looking that you thought of us?
- (Pierre) That suddenly it's more me, I knew you from the show “Who wants to be my partner? ". I had got to know the brand at that time, I had appreciated the values and the pitch of the two founders which was quite nice, then I continued to follow the brand on social networks. As soon as Maxime offered me this short stay in Madeira, which is a destination that could well lend itself to the need to wear a raincoat because it is a volcanic island where the climates are quite changeable, I said to myself that we would try to contact Flotte to be accompanied. And it's funny because we hadn't heard back, and the day before it was Lyly who contacted me again saying "I hope it's not too late, that you haven't already left!" ». Finally, we went to the showroom the day before and it was able to be done, we don't regret it at all.
Can you tell us a little about the place, the landscapes, your first impressions?
- (Pierre) What surprised me in the first place is that you could go around the island quite quickly, from West to East it seems to me that there is a maximum of 1h30 on the road. And that's super nice because we had the challenge of staying 3 days on site, which in itself is very little, but despite everything we had time to do the main spots on the island. And then afterwards for the landscapes… Max if you want to take over…
- (Maxim) -laughs- Thanks ! Me in fact, since I had prepared this road trip in Madeira, I had really done a lot of research, I had a point on each place where I wanted to go with photos etc. So, I “knew” what to expect on this trip. It was the first time for both of us but you should know that Madeira is a destination that is not well known to people in our profession because, as Pierre says, everything is close so in a few days you can do a lot of things and These are magnificent landscapes, which we are not too used to seeing, it's really nice. There are quite a few mountains and above all a lot of wind, which means that the weather changes very quickly. But we were pretty lucky on that, it could have been better but it could have been worse and in the end it stuck pretty well with the mood we wanted. This very wild side, a little jungle, we had a little rain so we were able to play with that in the video.
"You feel like you're in some kind of weird paradise where you can't see anything around, and there you have the sun falling in front of you"
Do you have any anecdotes to tell us about what you saw or did there?
- (Maxim) -reflected- I think that, both of us, where we took a big slap, it was when we were above the clouds and we had the sunset. We go up the mountain, there are a lot of clouds, we say to ourselves " well, it's not going to be phew », and in fact we arrive and in 5 seconds we find ourselves above the clouds. You feel like you're in some kind of weird paradise where you can't see anything around you, and there you have the sun falling in front of you. There was a somewhat magical moment, capturing the images like that, living them too, that does something.
- (Pierre) There is a little anecdote that comes to me and which is quite funny. This is when we went to Pico Ruivo at the end of the day, it is the highest point in Madeira and there is a 1h, 1h15 hike to get there. So it's quite physical anyway. We went there at the last light of day. We were very happy because there was really no one left, and when we arrived and started installing our equipment, two French people recognized us -laughs-, plus Maxime at first thanks to his channel. It made us feel weird because we didn't expect to see people at the start of the evening, and even less French people, and even less people who knew us both. But it was very cool, they were people who were also a bit passionate about photography and video, so we were able to chat, then we ate together the next evening. It was a nice moment.
Why did you choose theAnatole Ginger andAmelot Red ?
- (Pierre) We didn't really have a precise idea before coming. It was once there that we were able to see the pieces because we didn't know the whole collection either. So it came a little naturally, I had spotted the shorter piece, a little more urban - Anatole - a little earlier. I found consistency with the orange because, on Instagram, I like to highlight sunsets, colors that are a bit warm, so it was consistent.
- (Maxim) Me it was a little more the practical aspect. Since I knew we could get rain, I wanted something that would protect me, have a hood on it, so the raincoats -Amelot- interested me the most. I wanted to have something that could protect me from the rain but which also looks good on video since we were filming ourselves. We had to be dressed properly and with a bit of style. I left on red because it's related to my YouTube channel. I often have a red cap, it's a color that I appropriate a little and that I try to wear the most, so I thought it was nice. And then I like this slightly colourful, slightly lively side, I think it marks. Casually when we do drone rushes, I find it nice to have a color that comes out of the landscape.
In the end, what did you think of the macs? Good traveling companions?
- (Pierre) Frankly, it's super light, super compact clothes. We didn't curl them up to put them in bags and small pouches, but despite everything, it was practical to carry. And in slightly humid environments it did the job, we didn't feel damp under the raincoat once we had it on, so nothing to say about that.
- (Maxim) It was very good, super practical, and it corresponded exactly to where we were going. We needed something that was all-terrain, that we could put on and support when we were hiking uphill. Çit doesn't stick too much to the skin and it doesn't stay too hot either, and if within 10 minutes after it starts to rain, you know you're protected, while still having style. That's the problem, it's that we can find a lot of “technical” clothes for our job, but we won't necessarily have the style that goes with it. There, the cut was pretty good, the seams etc. were great too, there were little touches of style that we liked, that's also why we went with Flotte and we thought it could be fun. And then even when there was a little wind, it cut the wind too, it was quite pleasant. It protects well. As Peter said “It does its job very well” -laughs-.
The TOP 5 boys in Madeira
Pico Ruivo (I.e.
Essential to do to be above the clouds, it's magical, especially for sunsets and sunrises
Fanal Pond ????
A misty magical place, ideal: go there when it's cloudy
St. Lawrence 🏝️
A hike that allows you to see the islands spreading out over the ocean
Caldeira Verde 💧
Inland, a short hike in the middle of the forest, in the jungle, which takes you to see a majestic waterfall
Anjos Waterfall 🚗
Or the waterfall that cleans your car when you pass
Find Peter on Instagram @pierrefroger_ and on his website frogerpierre.com/ 📷
And Maxime on instagram @heads and tails_ and YouTube Heads & Tails 🎥
Leave a comment